Deer processorsHere is a sampling of Northland deer processors. Costs are per deer.
Here is a sampling of Northland deer processors. Costs are per deer.
* Adolph Store, 3710 Mid-way Road, Adolph. Skinning, cutting and wrapping available along with jerky, venison sticks and full line of sausages. Deer accepted daily from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. and kept in refrigeration at all times. Deposit required. Call 624-9680 for price list.
* Bear’s Den, 6505 Industrial Road, Saginaw. Wild game processing, sausage and jerky. Deer cut up and vacuum sealed. Cost: $80. Call 729-6056.
* Cole Cuts, 4040 Normanna Road, Duluth. Deer processing includes skinning, cutting, grinding, wrapping and freezing. Sausage available. Also processes moose and bear. State inspected. Call 721-3931, 391-1619 or 393-1588.
* Duquette General Store, 88235 Minnesota Highway 23, Duquette. Debone and freezer-wrap costs $69 per deer. Roasts, steaks, ground venison or chunks for jerky or sausage. Deer must be skinned. Hours: 10 a.m. to 8 p.m. Sunday; 7:30 a.m. to 8 p.m. Monday through Saturday. Call (218) 496-5855.
* Eveleth Country Foods IGA, 602 Fayal Road. Twenty varieties of deer sausage, polish, Thuringer and sticks are available. Price is $2.50-$4 per pound when product is finished. Call (218) 744-4350.
* Four Season Market, U.S. Highway 169 in Cotton Park, Coleraine. Deer processing includes skinning, cutting, grinding, wrapping and freezing. Sausage available (Polish, kielbasa, summer, salami, deer sticks and jerky, mild and hot Italian). Cost: From $1.49-$3.99 per pound. Deer accepted from 7 a.m. to 6 p.m. during hunting season. Call (218) 245-1669.
* Gamache and Sons Deer Processing, 10 Farmstead Road, Esko. Skinned, cut and wrapped costs $80; boneless only. Call 878-1077.
Hursh Meat Processing, 10083 E. Oak Road, Poplar. Skin, debone, cut, grind and vacuum seal for $70. Venison jerky sausage, smoked hinds, snack sticks, venison bacon and meatloaf, for extra fee. Minnesota deer welcome. Call (715) 364-6855 or (218) 393-1887.
* Kocian’s Family Market, Main Street South, Bigfork. Full line of venison processing; $85 minimum. Skinning, cutting and sausage making all done on-site. Variety of sausages and smoked meats for extra fee. Call (218) 743-3113.
* Matt’s Whitetail Processing, 3619 Lismore Road. Debone, remove fat, cut into chops, steaks, roasts and wrap. Initials are put on each package. Turn-around time is 2-3 days. Cost: $70. Hours: 9 a.m. to 10 p.m. daily. Call (218) 428-0056 or 721-3285.
* M&J Deer Processing, 5535 Forestry Road, Aurora. Debone, grind and wrap for $50; extra $10 for hide removal. Call (218) 229-3847 or (218) 638-2045.
* Matt Wrazidlo, 514 98th Ave. W., Duluth. Skinning, cutting and wrapping; boneless. Call 626-1711.
* Paul's Market and Catering, 623 Garfield St., Eveleth. Venison trimmings made into a variety of sausages. Call (218) 744-1244.
* Russ Kendall’s Smoke House, 149 Scenic Highway 61, Knife River. Variety of fresh and smoked sausages. Deer must be skinned. Summer sausage, brats, smoked sausage, jalapeno and cheese sticks and salami. Hours: 8 a.m. to 3 p.m. daily. Call 834-5995 for more information.
* SHIR-MARK Game Processing, 5081 S. County Road A, Superior. Skin, cut, wrap and grind; all boneless. Cost: $55 for bone-in, $75 for bone-out. Venison trimmings made into a variety of fresh and smoked sausages. Call 398-5700.
* Superior Meats, 6301 Tower Ave., Superior. Venison trimmings made into sausages, jerky, bacon and snack sticks. More than 40 varieties. Call 394-4431.
* Wrazidlo’s Old World Meats, 226 N. Basswood. USDA inspected; 12 varieties of sausage from breakfast sausage to smoked brats, summer sausage, salami and venison sticks. Cost: $1.50-$3.50 per pound. Hours are 8 a.m. to 7 p.m. Monday through Saturday and 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. Sunday. Call 722-2333.
* Zup's Food Market, Cook. Cut and wrap for boneless meat costs $80. Sausages available. Call (218) 666-0205.