Outdoor Calendar: North Dakota Game and Fish Advisory Board set dates for fall meetingsThe North Dakota Game and Fish Department has set the dates for its fall advisory board meetings across the state. Here are the meeting dates in northeast and eastern North Dakota... and more.
By: Brad Dokken, Grand Forks Herald
To get an event in the calendar, contact Brad Dokken at (701) 780-1148, (800) 477-6572, ext. 148; or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Deadline is 5 p.m. Thursdays.
N.D. Game and Fish Advisory Board
The North Dakota Game and Fish Department has set the dates for its fall advisory board meetings across the state. Here are the meeting dates in northeast and eastern North Dakota:
• Nov. 26: District 3 (Benson, Cavalier, Eddy, Ramsey, Rolette and Towner counties), 7 p.m., Wild Things Taxidermy Shop, Sheyenne, N.D. Info: Tom Rost, advisory board member, (701) 662-8620.
• Nov. 27: District 4 (Grand Forks, Nelson, Pembina and Walsh counties), 7 p.m., Canad Inns, Grand Forks. Info: Ron Houdek, advisory board member, (701) 262-4724.
• Nov. 28: District 5, (Cass, Ransom, Richland, Sargent, Steele and Traill counties), 7 p.m., Community Center, Hankinson, N.D. Info: Loran Palmer, advisory board member, (701) 274-8826.
• Jan. 8: Red River Archers’ 3-D League begins, Red River Archers indoor range, 2001 N. 42nd St., Grand Forks. Info: Paul Hahn, (701) 741-8279.
• Jan. 10: Red River Archers’ 300 League begins, Red River Archers indoor range, 2001 N. 42nd St., Grand Forks. Info: John Brewinski (701) 746-8602.
• Nov. 30 through Dec. 2: 20th annual St. Paul Ice Fishing and Winter Sports Show, St. Paul RiverCentre. Show hours are from 1 to 9 p.m. Nov. 30, from 10 a.m. to 7 p.m. Dec. 1 and 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Dec. 2. Admission: $9, adults; $4, ages 6 to 12; free admission, 5 and younger.
• Nov. 30 through Dec. 1: Second “Future of Hunting in North Dakota” conference, Doublewood Inn, Bismarck. Event begins at 5:30 p.m. Nov. 30, with formal presentations beginning at 8 a.m. Dec. 1. Agenda includes presenters from the Natural Resources Conservation Service, state Game and Fish Department, North Dakota Natural Resources Trust and Ducks Unlimited.
Registration, $10. Info: North Dakota Wildlife Federation, (888) 827-2557 or email@example.com, or Mike McEnroe, firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Dec. 1-2: Christmas tree cutting, 10 a.m. to 4 p.m., Rydell National Wildlife Refuge, Minn. Info: (218) 687-2229 or email@example.com.
To see a full outdoors calendar with more extensive listings, go to www.GrandForksHerald.com and click the Outdoors link.