MADISON – Bonus antlerless deer tags are available for purchase starting Monday, Aug. 15 at 10 a.m.
Bonus tags will be sold at a rate of one per person per day until sold out or until the 2016 deer hunting season ends. Bonus tags cost $12 each for Wisconsin residents,
$20 each for non-residents and $5 each for youth ages 10 and 11.
For a list of units with bonus tags available for purchase, visit dnr.wi.gov and search keywords “bonus availability.” These and all other deer hunting licenses and tags are available online through the Go Wild website, gowild.wi.gov, or at any of more than 1,000 Go Wild license sales locations.
Hunters will need to know the deer management zone, unit, and determine whether they will hunt on public or private land in order to purchase unit-specific bonus tags.
The first three days of bonus tag sales are management zone-specific and will be available as follows:
- Aug. 15, 10 a.m. – Northern and Central Forest (Zone 1);
- Aug. 16, 10 a.m. – Central Farmland (Zone 2);
- Aug. 17, 10 a.m. – Southern Farmland (Zone 2); and
- Aug. 18, 10 a.m. – remaining bonus tags (all zones).
As a reminder, Farmland (Zone 2) antlerless tags are now available for distribution. Depending on the deer management unit, one or more Farmland (Zone 2) antlerless deer tags are included with the purchase of each gun and archery deer hunting license.
Hunters are also encouraged to join Department of Natural Resources staff for a series of online livechats:
- Wednesday, Aug. 10 – new regulations and hunting season forecast;
- Tuesday, Aug. 16 – mentored hunt, learn to hunt, and hunt to eat programs; and
- Thursday, Nov. 10 – safety and regulations (“ask us anything”).
Each chat will begin at noon – to view a full chat schedule and check out previous chats, visit dnr.wi.gov and search keyword “expert.”